Monday, September 05, 2011

Going Home

 As is often the case when leaving the hospital after childbirth we spent the morning waiting... and waiting... and waiting.  Cameron went to go help Becky with our other children so I waited alone with Peter and Lilly.


After lunch, I heard familiar voices in the hall and in skipped Katelyn, Dallin and Grant, followed closely by Cameron and Aunt Becky.  I guess Cameron decided we needed an escort... or maybe he was hoping that having three kids running around the hospital would encourage whoever was in charge of our discharge to speed things up a bit.  In any case it was great to spend some time together,  The kids convinced Cameron to turn on Despicable Me and get them Popsicles from the freezer full of food for the patients 

 Aunt Becky was thrilled to see Peter and Lilly again.
 At last it was time to go,  I love how teeny tiny new babies look in their car seats. Last night our nurse had to do a car seat trial with Lilly and Peter because they are technically preemies.  I'm not sure what was all involved but I do know they had to sit in their car seat for a hour and a half, and our nurse thankfully did it in the middle of the night keeping them until after their next feeding and bringing them back sound asleep at 3 am.  she was wonderful.  and it was great to get some uninterrupted sleep.


3 comments:

Janelle said...

The preemie car seat test is just to make sure that they're not so crumpled over that they can't breathe. My daughter was 5 lbs. 4 oz. when she was born at 36.5 weeks, and they did the same thing. They explained to us what they were looking for, and in our case, we had to roll up a couple of receiving blankets, and stuff them on either side of her (really stiff) to help prop her up better.

Amy said...

Elisabeth, they are just adorable!!! I love how exhausted they look...snoozing away. Being a little thing and trying to grow must be tough work :)

Nana said...

Welcome home! The pictures are priceless...