Tuesday, February 26, 2008

how to lose a million pounds in ten days

(AKA why I haven't posted in a while)


so I've been trying to lose weight in a healthy way since December... I know a fun month to start a weight loss program, but maybe it's best because instead of gaining 50 pounds over the break, I just stayed the same....

anyways, I have recently discovered that although eating well and exercises certainly does help, the most effective way to lose weight is to get a horrible infection, live with it for two weeks because I'm sure it's nothing serious, during which time I have no apatite but I reassure myself that the reason I feel so retched and that my temperature has reached as high as 104.9 is because I have a cold and am not getting enough sleep to function properly let alone fight off a cold.



eventually of course I realized that this was something bigger then a cold with incredible fevers, but unfortunately although the medication did wonders for the fevers it didn't dissolve the infected area and now I have an abscess in its place. then completely unrelated the day I got off the medication I had problems in other areas and was diagnosed with E-coli by husband.

We didn't rush off to the emergency room, though because Cameron reassured me that not only is there nothing they can do for me there but chances are they would admit me into the hospital and he would be left alone with three kids one of whom is nursing, and although a full nights sleep did look awfully appealing, we decided to give it one more day and what do you know I got over it.

so now 12 pounds lighter and a weakened immune system I seem to be catching every available cold out there.

so there you have it, that's my secret.

1 comment:

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

wow! I should try that. spread those germs over here! :) glad you are feeling slightly better....well, enough to blog anyway! :)