Great Grandpa Bennett passed away today, my heart is full as I sit and reflect on the life of this great man. The first time I met him Cameron and I were dating and Cameron's family was coming to visit in Utah so Cameron and I drove the 2 hours to Logan UT to spend time with his family. Cameron and I weren't engaged yet but I think everyone knew that was coming. the whole time we were there Grandpa was bustling around, cooking, taking care of Grandma and showing off his garden. He laughed easily and had a way of making people feel loved.
Grandma Bennett with K, 2004
Cameron and I loved visiting Grandma and Grandpa any chance we got. It was always so peaceful and relaxing at their house, we'd go up for long weekend and just hang out. That's how Cameron became a slow driver, we were driving around with Grandpa and Cameron decided that there is no reason to rush around from place to place, he's been driving slow ever since.
I love these pictures of him with K, He always loved holding the little ones and he had a knack for calming fussy babies and upset toddlers.
After Grandma passed away Grandpa started spending the winters in Florida with Louise and the summers in Utah with Roger. Which was perfect for us because by then we had moved to Florida so we were still able to see Grandpa Great.
While I was going through cancer treatments the kids got to visit him a lot and he and D developed a cute relationship. He liked to call D, Little Joe, Dallin was... and still is... so practical that he would always say, "I not 'ittle Joe, I 'allin!" and then Grandpa would tickle him and they'ed laugh together. They were best buds.
Then this last time we went to visit it was fun to see L and P continue that same relationship with their grandpa Great. He loves to tease and they love the attention.
We will miss you Grandpa Great! You were one amazing person and we look forward to seeing you again.
1 comment:
What a great tribute to Grandpa Great!! Loved seeing the pics of all your cute kiddos! Can't wait to see y'all soon! :)
Post a Comment