Sunday, February 05, 2012

Birthdays are great... yippee

 This year my birthday high light was going on not one but 2 dates with my husband without kids, I might add. It was so great!  Two of my dear friends offered to watch all five of my kids so that we could enjoy some time together.  Thankfully the twins are in an easy for other people to watch stage (or so I'm told...) because they pretty much sleep from 6pm on,  so the only kids to worry about are the big kids and they pretty much play with my friends kids the whole time,  it's so nice to have good kids... otherwise I'm pretty sure there would be no dating until after the kids move out of the house.
another highlight was having another dear friend drop by with a gift,  it was very thoughtful and I felt loved.
Cameron got me this turtle pie,  it was great and I didn't have to make it.  The kids decided they would prefer chocolate cream pie, so they ate that,  it will kind of be a sad day when the kids decide they like "mommy daddy" food.  we might actually have to share...



why is it I got 3 pictures of the store bought turtle pie and not a single picture of me, Cameron or the babies... clearly my priorities are a bit skewed, or maybe the pie is willing to sit still while I snap a picture...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

ahhh...wish we were closer, I would love to watch your kids...:( especially those babies, they are so cute!