Tuesday, December 08, 2009

RiverWalk

my sister Amy came out to visit this past week and while she was here we took a trip to San Antonio we spent the morning at the Alamo and the afternoon walking down the Riverwalk. it was beautiful!
Grant was  basically freezing the entire day.  We, meaning I, forgot his jacket...  it's more like a hooded sweatshirt, much like my hooded sweathirt but at least it's something.  We are not prepared for the fridged Texas winters where the temptures drop to a freezing 40 degrees.  Maybe Cameron will get me a sweater for Christmas....

The boys did their best to panic all the other adults along the river by running ahead of us around the corner making everyone think they were on their own.  whenever we did catch up we usually got the "look"  to let us know that these children were being neglected, I usually tried to make it look like they were Amy's kids.
Amy has some mad picture taking skills and was able to get a shot of everyone actually looking at the camera, a feet I have yet to accomplish.
We ate lunch at a cute mexical restraunt where we were seranaded by a mariachi band.  Grant chowed down on the chips and HOT salsa.  it was especailly nice to come in from the cold.
We had a great time with Aunt Amy,  Everyone kept commenting on how much we look alike and I have to agree especailly now that my hair is dark and curly but when we were in high school and at BYU no one would believe that we were sisters, we had to show them our school IDs to prove that we had the same unusual last name before they would believe us... funny how things change.

4 comments:

Mindy Burns said...

That looks like so much fun! I remember we did that Riverwalk once when I was a kid and I STILL remember it! I love your hints to Cameron for a sweater! Love it! You are looking so good! And so are your kids! It's so nice to keep track of how you are doing...how's residency? The first year was the hardest for us, but I remember Cameron was much better at handling stress than Brian :) I'm sure he's doing GREAT! Feel free to email: mindyburns@gmail.com

Jared and Delia said...

You have been so spoiled by the Florida weather! "a fridged 40 degrees" made me laugh since it was -8 degrees this morning here. :)

You are so beautiful Elisabeth. I think curly hair suits you well.

Princess said...

i love your curly hair!!
so i got a new blog and i want to add you as a reader. email me your gmail address at Alanandprincess@gmail.com
Hope all is well,
Love,
princess
ps. my birthday was about a month ago and it made me think of you. i remember when you delivered yummy goodies to my birthday last year!! you were so kind and i (and tampa 1st) really misses you and your beautiful family!!!

Princess said...

your family is so beautiful. i love the river walk. and thanks for the comment. the thailand/philippines adventure was a blast!